Here’s just a short list of the things that I can even remember are on my plate right now:
1. Trying to finish our sweat equity hours before March to get into our Habitat for Humanity house
2. Developing curriculum for a Spanish class I’m teaching starting in January
3. Becoming a La Leche League leader
4. Staying in touch with my friends and family on a number of sites, such as Facebook, Central Foothills Mommies, Natural Parenting Network forum, and others.
5. Finding and applying for high school teaching jobs, which involves not only jumping back into the working world but also figuring out how I will get my teaching certificate within three years of being hired
6. Joining a new church, which is made more difficult by my shy children
7. Maintaining the friendships and family relationships with people in the “real world”
This is not to even mention the projects that have been shelved indefinitely on the back burner but nag me nevertheless:
1. Polishing a translation of a French novel that I have worked on off and on for two (three?) years
2. Finishing the quilt I started for my parents, the top of which is almost completely pieced together
3. Helping my Dad promote his books
I am overwhelmed, but I don’t know what to do besides to keep putting one foot ahead of the other.