It’s been a great year. I celebrated the day of (March 30) by cleaning and organizing as much of the house as I could and spending some time in the yard.
Highlights of our first year:
- Having an excuse to get a couple of new pieces of furniture
- Finally unpacking our lives out of the boxes that we’d been living out of for many, many years
- Seeing my kids make friends among the neighborhood kids, watching them all play and run and just be crazy kids
- Planning long term with a piece of property, which I’ve never done before – planting fruit trees, changing landscape features, listing and prioritizing various things we want to do
- Getting to know neighbors and becoming involved in the Homeowner’s Group and various neighborhood gatherings
Here’s to many more years in our home.
It’s funny, but all the little changes aren’t even visible in a picture – all the plants added in the front (well, you can see the trees.) The sandbox and swings under the porch, the dirt (supposed to be grass) path beside the porch instead of rocks, the rock border on the front gardens. Looks pretty much the same from afar!